Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

As much as I love my work with my students, I really didn't want to come to school today.  I am not feeling great.  A colleague actually thinks that I have something against her.  If she only knew how selfish I have been lately.  I am not even thinking of her.  (shhh)   I have my own things that I am going through.  I think it may have something to do with the need for nice weather.  I want to get out of the house and feel the warm temperatures.  Florida was truly a gift.  Thank you again, Joan and Robert. 

I hope this feeling passes.  I am a much better giver than I am a taker.  Although I am not asking anyone for anything, I listen to my music a lot and play words with friends.  It makes me happy but I know I am less engaged in life.  I have discovered Pandora, an APP on the IPhone, and I am listening to ALL MY FAVORITE SONGS.   I love music.  My auditory sense is my absolute favorite.  I know I have said that 100 times.

Anyway, ENOUGH about me.  I am going to share some words of wisdom that are very inspiring....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."~  Mother Teresa

(perhaps I should heed this advice with my colleague)

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal:  It is the courage to continue that counts." 
~  Winston Churchill

" A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." ~  Nelson Mandela

"Leaders aren't born, they are made.  They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal which is worthwhile."   ~ Vince Lombardi 

" We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...we must do that which we think we cannot."   Eleanor Roosevelt

And so, if you have words of wisdom to impart, I am open to listening to your thoughts.  I continue to make good choices with my food and my clothing fits well,  two pant sizes smaller.   I look at food and say, nothing tastes as good as thin feels.    I hopefully will be able to wear all the smaller size clothing that hangs in my closet this spring and summer.  That would be a good feeling, and something to look forward to...right?

May you have all green lights as your travel on your journey, may all your favorite songs play on the radio, may you enjoy your favorite meal with someone you love, and may you hear the sound of laughter realizing that it is your own!   Smile!

En`Joy,
~Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment