Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am excited today because I will be receiving a makeover at the Lancome` counter at Bon Ton.  This is so exciting for me.  A national makeup artist who has done the make up for Paris Hilton will give me tips and ideas for improvement.  His name is Emanuel. 

Debbie at the Lancome` counter and I get along so well.  She is very friendly and always engages me when I stop in to Bon Ton.  I love the perfume Tresor` and spritz myself whenever I am in there.  If she is there I always greet her and inevitably she is putting something new on me and I like it!
So the last time she signed me up for a makeover.   I never had a makeover!  First time for everything.

Today, when I stopped in to the Guidance office to see my friend Louise, she paid me the sweetest compliment.  Louise said, Marialyce, you smell nice....fresh as a Daisy!   It touched my heart.  My Mom used to say to me, Marialyce I always want to smell nice, please promise me as I get older that you make sure I am always sweet smelling.  Dad and I always made sure that Mom smelled good.  Nothing like soap and water....unless of course it is soap and water and Tresor`  Ha Ha! (I requested the same consideration from Shawn and Lindsay)

When I was seventeen, Dad said, Marialyce what is that perfume you are wearing?...I said oh Daddy, it's Halston.  I was feeling pretty cute, I remember.   He said, don't ever wear that again....It does not smell good on you.   OH MY!  I never wore that again!!!

Later in life, I found Tresor` and now I never wear any other fragrance.  Veronica Hilferty told me years ago, when she was a little girl and gave me a hug...."Mrs. Keane you always have the sweetest smell."  I am thankful that I remember the compliments as well as the criticisms in life....they help me to grow and be the best that I can be.

The olfactory sense is one of my most acute senses.  Smells evoke fond memories and can be bonding.  My girls have been known to take Jim's t-shirt and put it up to the face, just to smell his scent.  They love the smell of Jim and it always makes them happy.  It is kind of funny.... I do know what they mean.

What is your favorite scent?   What is your favorite sense?  Think about it.....I challenge you!  
Are you moved by what you see, hear, taste, touch, or smell?  Be specific.

My favorite sense is my auditory sense.  Music moves me.   I have been listening to Simply Red...You've Got It.    And Journey.... I'll Be Alright Without You.   I will post the links.

I realized recently that I missed out on some great music in the late 80's.  I was caring for my girls and listening to Sharon Lois and Bramm, The Elephant Show.   I missed out on Steve Perry and Mick Hucknall.

So perhaps you will listen along with me.... and go back to that era of great music.  Tim and Anita, Jim and I went to the Keswick on Sunday to see Boz Scaggs. It was our Mother's Day gift from our husbands.  Such a delightful concert.  I felt like I was 17 again.   Music evokes such sweet memories.  

Here are the links....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOEgDppd6k   Journey   I'll Be Alright Without You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p9pgKb4fqE   Simply Red  You've Got It


And so, my wish for you today is that you discover your favorite sense and are moved by whatever you experience using that sense.    Ahhhhh  a sensual experience....nothing like it!

En`Joy,

~Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment