Monday, March 18, 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

Time is escaping me.  I want the clock to stand still.....and yet, simultaneously, I can't wait for the Spring weather.   Our club THE PRIDE, is going well and we are expanding.  We had Induction on Friday and 33 new members were Inducted between both schools.  Our school had 14 Inducted.  I am very Proud to be among such fine individuals.

We had a guest speaker at our meeting of THE PRIDE on Thursday and the topic was Persevere.  How strong are you in the face of hardship and adversity?  I was looking up video clips to highlight this talk during Advisory last week and came across this video clip.  I am providing the link for you..The title is Successful Failures.  The difference between success and failure is the belief that you will succeed and the will to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47UqYMDN2k

Someone shared this story with me recently and said, Marialyce, please consider including it as an anecdote to your speeches.  

There were two mice who fell into a bucket of cream.  They were swimming trying to get out.  One mouse gave up trying and drowned.  The second mouse kept swimming and swimming churning the cream into butter and then eventually walked out of the bucket.   My friend said, Marialyce, you are the second mouse. You persevere.   Wow, that was an extraordinary moment for me and oh so empowering.  I am very thankful for my trusted friends who empower me and lift me up! 

And so, my wish for you today is that you find the strength to Persevere with whatever struggles come your way, knowing that you have trusted friends who are thankful for the gift you are in their life.

En` Joy,

Marialyce 

No comments:

Post a Comment