Friday, August 31, 2012


Good Evening All,

I am excited for this evening.  We have the opportunity to experience the “Blue Moon!”   I expect it will be a blue moment!  A beautiful sight to see!    I love the power of anticipation…the energy makes you feel alive.  Tonight, perhaps, all of us will be looking up at the sky and will experience a blue moment, together.  

Yesterday I had a wonderful day.  I was with my friends, Anita, MG, and Danielle on the Avenue!  We were in this little boutique looking at all the beautiful clothes and accessories and listening to the sounds of the 70’s and the 80’s!   When the song “Afternoon Delight”   by the Starland Vocal Band came on the radio I started singing along.  A fellow shopper by the name of Linda, smiled at me and started singing too!  I said, “this music really takes me back.”   Then when the “Hustle” came on the radio we actually started doing the line dance, in the store, which spilled out onto the sidewalk.   Linda’s friend Laurie was with her and I thought how special it was that we were spending such a wonderful day with our friends!   In that moment, I was so grateful for the fun I was having and the joy of experiencing it with my friends. 

I read this quote, “The world is a great mirror.  It reflects back to you what you are.  If you are loving, if you are friendly, if you are helpful, the world will prove loving and friendly and helpful to you.  The world is what you are.”   Thomas Dreier

It was such a pleasure to meet you Linda and Laurie!  I had so much fun meeting you and celebrating Life….so happy our paths in life have crossed!

Speaking of mirrors….there is something about “THE MIRROR!”  When my girls were little, I used to say, if I can look in the mirror as I am taking off my makeup at the end of the day, and am satisfied with my efforts to mother them, it was a good day!   I would think, I am ok in my mirror.  It was my conscious, my visual barometer. 

 When my girls were venturing out with friends in their teen years…. I would advise them, when experiencing peer pressure, to go into the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror.  Ask yourself, is this action something that I would be proud of in my life? Would I want to be remembered in my life for doing this action?  Would this action make my parents proud?  Is this something that I would regret doing, or not doing in my life, because the choice is yours.   I think the mirror is empowering.  

More recently, I said to my doctors, namely Dr. Bill Scarlett, I need to be able to look at myself in the mirror following my breast cancer surgery and feel feminine and beautiful.  I said to him, I have seen your work, you have shown me what you can do.  I am calling you to your excellence, to your GREATNESS!   This diagnosis was so devastating that I prayed that I would find the doctors to cure me and make me whole again.  Now, one month past all my reconstruction, I said to Bill Scarlett….  You are not a plastic surgeon.   You are a magician, for you were able to artfully and skillfully take a broken woman and piece her back together again, so that when I LOOK IN MY MIRROR, I can actually feel beautiful again…  It is a miracle.  Oh the blessing of Bill Scarlett and Beth DuPree…  what an amazing team of doctors!  Thank you!

And so for this evening, I wish for you a mirror that reflects back to you all the gifts that you bring to the world and that you love what you see in your mirror.  I wish that you will get to experience the blue moon… My friend Tim said the next time it will come back again is July 2015.  Looking at it now…. It will be worth the wait!  WOW!  It is breathtaking!

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment