Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Good Evening Everyone,

I received the most wonderful surprise yesterday!  When I returned to school after a weeks absence, due to Hurricane Sandy, there was a wooden plaque on my desk.  It moved me to tears.  Who would be so generous as to create this gift for me.  Who knew how much this would mean to me?

 I contacted my counterpart advisor at the 'other' school.  I said, Dave, did you have a sign made for me?  Did You make this sign for me?   He said, Marialyce, I have no idea what you are referring to.  I did not give you a sign.  Honestly, I did not.  Hmmm.. If not him then who?   I asked another person and have decided that I do not want to know who gave me this treasured gift.  This person is my Santa Claus.  I felt like a child on Christmas morning when I saw this gift.  I LOVE THIS GIFT!

I took the sign up to Dave yesterday, because he was addressing the faculty about the club.  This would be the first time that the club has been spoken about publicly.  I wanted to show my support.  When I showed Dave the sign he said, Wow, Marialyce, I wish I was the person who gave that to  you.  Then later he said, I want one too....  Do you know Santa too, Marialyce?  A reference to the book, The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell.  I have been referred to as the Connector, one of the three personalities listed in the book, needed to have a successful business.  (The other two are the Maven and the Salesman)
 Little does Dave know... (I know he was making a joke,) but my wheels are already in motion.  Oh my goodness, that would be one of the most exciting presents that I could give this Christmas.     

I want to show you the sign, and the oath that we take at every meeting.  It humbles me to be a member and an advisor of this club.

And so, my wish for you this evening, is that you have a wonderful surprise awaiting you.  I hope someone makes you feel blessed, like a child on Christmas Morning.

En`Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment