Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hello Friends,

Today was a great day!  I had a Council meeting of all the leaders of the club at school.  We asked the students to write an essay telling us what the club means to them, what talents they could bring to the club as a whole and why they want to be a leader of the club.  We have  11 members who were inducted into the club and all were eligible to write an essay.  Seven wrote an essay and let me tell you, they were inspiring, and from the heart.  At the meeting today they were all excited, collaborative, and very generous with their talents, skills and creativity.  They were leaders, all were expressive.  I was amazed and proud at how much they want this!  I call them my Sensational Seven!

The club has many pledges, those who are seeing if this club fits within the framework of their lives.  There are 8 more students,  who continue to come to meetings and see what 'it' is all about!    Keep `em coming!!!!  At this point in time there are approximately 20 people  in the club!  

I received this quotation in an email today:

"Be happy, noble heart, be blessed for all the good thou hast done
and wilt do hereafter, and let my gratitude remain in obscurity
like your good deeds."  ~ Alexandre Dumas,    The Count of Monte Cristo

I look upon this quote as a God wink.    I am very happy!   I know that this club is necessary in the lives of young people.   Offering them an option to choose to live an amazing, beautiful, harmonious life of greatness and excellence as opposed to succumbing to the pitfalls that will present themselves in their lives is an opportunity for them to soar!  These young people were empowered today!   Their energy was palpable.

And so, my wish for you this evening is that you have an opportunity to help another human being to see that they are worthy of fulfilling their highest potential and then help them to achieve it! 

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment