Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hello All,

I have been wearing my elf hat and decorating one of the four homes on the Doylestown Christmas House Tour, these past few evenings.  The house that I am working on is a Victorian in the Queen Anne style. Very romantic and decorated with modern, chic furniture and accessories.  Warm and elegant.  I have enjoyed every moment of time there with Gail, Lisa, Kim, Ruth, Chrysa, and Jeanne.   We decorated on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night and the lead, Lisa said that we accomplished everything that was on her to do list and didn't need to work tonight.  So I have the night off.

 I had my club meeting today, after school.   I presented our club, THE PRIDE, to the faculty on Monday afternoon, at our faculty meeting.  I have a personal challenge of 10 % reaction, either a positive or negative response.  If  10 % of the people respond to what I say, either negatively or positively then it is a sign for me that  I should continue doing what I am doing.  Twenty Five teachers all said they were interested in receiving our posters and hanging them in their classrooms.
There were 90 teachers present.  I shared that information with the members of The Pride and it was suggested that we discuss how to thank all the teachers for their support.  These kids are exceptional.

On Friday night, Judy, my sister in law and I will go on the tour.  Then we will grab a bite to eat at Tomatoes, a bistro in Doylestown.  We did that last year and had a wonderful time.


 I read a quote that sums up my feelings today.

 "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort." ~Franklin Roosevelt

So true.   And so for this evening, I wish you exactly what Roosevelt said, the joy of achievement and the thrill of your personal creative effort.   Nothing like it!

En` Joy,

~Marialyce



No comments:

Post a Comment