Monday, December 31, 2012

Good Evening My Friends,
This week totally flew by.  It always does.  Christmas week, thankfully, is filled with visits to family and friends and entertaining them in your home.  This is truly the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

It is New Year's Eve.  The last day of the month of December 2012.  This year was truly spectacular for me.  So many firsts.  And at 50, I'd say that is truly magnificent. 

This was a week of sadness, as well.  I attended the funeral of James Fiorelli, my student.  It was a beautiful mass and we sang Christmas carols.  Rosanne wanted the Mass to be an uplifting celebration of James' life.

I also helped my friend Larry write the eulogy for his Aunt Cass's Funeral Mass.  In the eulogy, there was a part where he says, Aunt Cass, you received something invaluable, you received your wings.  I suggested that ringing a bell would be appropriate.  He shared this suggestion with Karen and his son, Bryan.  They said, Larry that is something Mar would do, but not something you would do.  So Larry opted out.  During the eulogy, when he was approaching this part about Cass earning her wings, the church bells began to chime, 12 times.  It was noon.  They only ring the church bells on the hour during the Christmas Season.  Larry said then they started playing Chirstmas Carols.  He couldn't believe it. He looked at Karen and Bryan and they were stunned.    Larry later conveyed that I suggested the ringing of the bell, but that he opted out.  He said, Cass surely wanted those bells to be rung in her honor. 
Thank God, they were.  Aunt Cass sounded like an amazing woman.

I really don't want to see this year end, because it was truly so wonderful for me. Turning 50 has been exhilarating, joyful, a blessing and a gift.  I actually got to celebrate and have a cake with 50 candles on it, and got to make 50 wishes.   Oh that fire burned brightly on that birthday cake.  But the year is ending.   With every ending there is a new beginning.  Someone wished me a healthier, safer year.   I thought, what ever comes my way, I will choose happines and gratitude.  That is MY CHOICE.   You can not control what happens to you, but you can control how you handle it. 

So on Wednesday, I will happily blow out 51 candles on my cake.  I will make 51 wishes. And I will be thankful.
And so my wish for you, is that this year, you happily get to blow out all the candles on your cake.  Here's to life and love and living our Dash.   

Happy New Year.   I love you!

En ` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment