Sunday, January 13, 2013

Good Evening Everyone,

Happy New Year!   I realize that it has been almost 2 weeks since my last post.  I am sorry for my lack of attention to this blog and to you.    

On January 1, 2013 we had the most wonderful dinner at Tim and Anita's.  We have our traditional, pork and kielbasi, sauerkraut and potato dinner, followed by watching CNN Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper, their New Years Eve Broadcast.  They are hilarious together, so irreverent and comedic.  We love watching the DVR of that show.  Laughter fills the room, and on this night, Anita arrived with a beautiful cake and I got to make so many wishes.  I am grateful for their thoughtfulness and generosity.

  On Wednesday, my birthday, I returned to school after our long break.   I arrived in our classroom and the students all yelled surprise.  Tina, my friend, brought in bagels, cream cheese and butter for all.  There was a beautiful table cloth that said "Another Year of Fabulous."   I love surprises.  This was a really wonderful surprise. Tina had a beautiful gift wrapped for me.  Inside was a CD of Flo Rida Wild Ones.... I have played it every day on my way to and from work since I received this gift.  I love it...  It gives me energy.  Oh Thank you Tina for making me feel so very special.  You are a gem.
 Later in the day, Tina came back with a cake and the kids all sang to me again.  It was the most fun!    When I arrived home we got Chipotle for dinner followed by an Angel food cake and candles,  more wishes and the grand finale, my gift.  I received tickets to see Pink in concert at Madison Square Garden on March 22.  So Raise Your Glass......................

On Saturday, January 5, 2013 we went to see Les Miserable the movie.  What an outstanding performance.  The music was exquisite and Anne Hathaway surely will win an Oscar for her performance as Fantine.  Beautiful beautiful show.  Our Christmas decorations are down and the house looks barren...  It is the winter and all of us eagerly anticipate the arrival of Spring.

On January 7, 2013 Rickelle Borowy, our burglar, plead guilty in court to receiving stolen property.  She was charged with this crime and sentenced to 3 years probation.  If her urine sample turns  up dirty then the sentence will revert to jail time.  I gave my victims statement and the judge told Ms. Borowy, there is no way I could adequately articulate the  sentiments that Mrs. Keane expressed here today.  My Detective Ken Hawthorn told me, Marialyce, when a judge renders his decision, that is his moment to come down on a defendant.  Judge Finley just acquiesced to you, empowering you, and commending you for a well versed statement.  You should feel very proud.   I felt thankful that it was over, and truly await Rickelle's fall from grace again.  I think she is an ineffective human being and should be held accountable doing time, for her wrongdoings.  I think she has been enabled her whole life and continues to get away with everything.  Her life is a terrible hot mess.

This past week was chock full of illness.  We were all coughing and sneezing and trying not to infect others.  This was a challenging week in school.  The students learned the term "dropping like flies"  They thought that was pretty funny.  

On Saturday, yesterday, my friend Sharon and I went to the Olive Garden for my birthday lunch. We had the most wonderful time.  Five hours later we departed as the dinner crew started arriving.  I don't think I remember having such a wonderful time with my Sharon.  Today, Claire Perry, Shawn's friend came by with Leo her beautiful son.  Leo is 18 days old and so cute.  Lindsay and I kept looking at the baby and then looking at each other.  He is just adorable, and so bright and alert.  Leo is solid and didn't cry the entire time he was here.   He is greatly loved.

My New Years Resolution is to eat more healthily.  My pants are looser and I feel more in control of my choices.  I hope that I can be proud of my body, feeling confident and healthy in 2013.  

I had one last surprise.  Chris Noon from the Slippery Band called me and gave me tickets to a benefit at Knowlton Mansion right near where I grew up in Philadelphia.  The Slippery Band is playing a  benefit for Autism Awareness and we will be guests that evening.  I can't wait to put my dancing shoes on and dance the night away.  Oh the joy of dancing to the Phenomenal Slippery Band once more!    

And so, my wish for you this evening is that you have a special surprise coming your way this week.  That you anticipate the surprise, as I anticipate dancing and shaking the tambourine.   And that whatever your wishes are in this New Year I hope that they come true. 
Wishing you a year of magical moments, blue moments, moments that take your breath away.

With Love,
En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment