Monday, January 14, 2013

Good Evening Dear Friends,

Did you know that Januaray is Thank You Month.  Yes, indeed it is.  The art of saying Thank You is celebrated in the month of January.  My students read a weekly journal entitled, News 2 You.  Featured in last weeks journal was the headline, January is Thank You Month.  I am so thankful that I now know this because January is my birth month and I am committed for the rest of my life to living a life of gratitude and service.

As I have shared with you in the past, I receive Your Gratitude Burst everyday in an email.  Today's gratitude burst is:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade-winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.

~Mark Twain

The following message is from Paul Taubman:

"Have you ever noticed how good you feel when you accomplish something?  You will feel satisfied, you will feel grateful, you will feel fulfilled and you will feel like you accomplished something when you get to check something off your list.  It doesn't haave to be a life long dream (but how awesome is it when you accomplish that?); it can be a simple errand, task or a chore you have assigned to the day.  Go out and start your week by doing something that will help you feel more gratitude."


And so, my wish for you this day is that you have more than one thing in your life to be thankful for and I hope you write it down.  Everyday, I write down a kindness that someone shared with me, a kind word, a thoughtful deed, a gentle action.  It brightens my world.

En ` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment