Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Morning All,

Yesterday was the tipping point for THE PRIDE, the club I started here at our high school, brought over from our sister school.  I am so excited to share the news.  Last week, a teacher here, was our guest speaker at our meeting.  Her topic was SMILE.  She was effective, gracious, engaging and everyone loved her.  Yesterday, in the girls bathroom, an index card was taped to the towel dispenser.  It said,

"YOU HONESTLY LOOK PERFECT, (as always),   SMILE about it!  :-)

The teacher who showed me this said, Marialyce, I think this is a result of THE PRIDE!  I think you are changing the culture in our school and helping others to see the positive side of everything.  Oh my goodness.

Later, at the end of the day, I stopped in to see a woman that I work closely with on THE PRIDE.  I was telling her about the bathroom note and a student overheard me because I was soooo excited!

He said, Mrs. Keane, can I show you something?   Look at this, on Facebook, someone started an online site that is entitled CB WEST COMPLIMENTS......  Everyone, please consider checking it out...  Our kids are posting complimentary, kind words about their peers and it is taking off like wild fire.    Oh I am so thankful.  Thankful that more people are smiling and feel worthy of the life they have been blessed with living.

In the book by Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point, there is a point where an idea becomes an epidemic!  The idea takes off and becomes successful.   I believe yesterday, I was totally aware that the epidemic of kindness was spreading, it was happening in my life.

Thank You God!

And so, my wish for you today, is that you go to the site and view CB WEST COMPLIMENTS and see the positive affect of a club that is calling young people to their excellence, their greatness and challenging them to live an amazing life.

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment