Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Morning Everyone,

On Tuesday, I had a Council Meeting with my club officers.  What an enlightening meeting.  We share about our actions, choices and feelings and this one young woman had us all moved to tears.  She spoke of her benevolence toward the homeless in Philadelphia.  I am telling you, that I am surrounded by such strong people.  I am truly thankful that God puts people in my life, so that I can learn and grow and become stronger.   Yesterday morning at 5 AM I awakened and thought, I need to put a hero bag together for her.  I want to go into school and tell everyone in one of her classes that there is a hero in their midst.  So First Block, I went to her classroom and gave the following presentation.  She has not sought me out, so I really do not know if she was displeased or pleased with my commendation, but I just could not pass up the opportunity to celebrate her, her compassion, her spirit.  She is a remarkable, exceptional human being.  Her Physics teacher said, How can I possibly teach after that presentation.  Outstanding!   I said, Oh you most certainly can. Mr. Finkbiner you are a seasoned teacher, a Master teacher!  But thank you for your kind words.




Good Morning,
My name is Mrs. Keane;  I work in the Special Ed Department here at CB West. 

Courage is not the absence of fear, but moving forward in action toward your goal, despite your fear.  One is brave when they choose an action, in spite of being afraid to do it.  They choose to do it anyway.
I am here because I want to honor one among you.  Someone in this classroom leads by example.  They are a champion.  A champion is someone who does something that no one else can do. 

Yesterday, a story was shared with me and I was so moved by the story that I just could not allow the moment to pass without acknowledging, JW.     J, what you do for those less fortunate than all of us,  how you manifest your spirit of generosity  in spite of your fear and accomplish your goal is something that makes your inner light shine the brightest. 
By going outside your comfort zone, and doing humanitarian deeds, you become a beacon of light.

J, I just want you to know that I respect you, I admire you and I hope to be like you.  I want to honor your goodness and kindness toward humanity.
Can we all please give a round of applause to JW who has the compassion and constitutional strength of a true hero!!!!

Thank you, Mr. Finkbiner for allowing me this moment and  for your time, this morning.
 
And so, my wish for you this morning is that you have courage to overcome your challenges in life.
 
En`Joy,
 
Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment