Sunday, October 28, 2012

Good Afternoon,

We are all preparing for the same guest to arrive.  Sandy.  Sandy is an unwelcome guest, yet we are all buying food, supplies and working around our homes in an effort to ensure that we are all PREPARED for the great arrival.  It is imminent.  Our school district is closed tomorrow and Tuesday.  Lindsay's office is closed in NYC, Shawn's school, Villanova is closed and Jim's office just called and they will all be working from home tomorrow.  Wow,  Sandy is IMPORTANT.

I pray that all my loved ones, friends and family are safe throughout this visit.

Friday evening was wonderful.  We were all Inducted into the club at our sister school. 
Thirty two of us pledged to live a life of excellence and live a beautiful amazing life.  We will all be wearing black wristbands as a reminder of our commitment.  It is an extraordinary movement.  I am so proud to be the advisor of this club, so proud of all of our members.

Yesterday, one of the students from the sister school invited all of us to her fall festival.  She lives on an 18 acre farm with horses, sheep, chickens, dogs, cats, and guinea hens.  There is a pool, a huge barn and a home that was built in the 1800's.  It is a masterpiece.  This family was warm and welcoming and all the members of this club from both schools got along beautifully.  While we were there one of the dogs came out with the lady of the house.  She maintains the 18 acre farm by herself.  I was in awe of her.

This little dog came out to greet all of us.  He was a Chihuahua Brittany mix and was adorable.  They told me he was a rescue dog.  He is well behaved and rings the bell that hangs on the doorknob to signal his need to go outside.  He had a gentle temperament, and I fell in love with him.  Little Riley, was adorable.  I asked if they would ever consider allowing him to be adopted by another family and the lady of the house said yes.  OMG.  I can not stop thinking about Reilly.  I showed the picture to Jim, Shawn and Lindsay and everyone wants to meet him.  I am considering, a trial visit, Thanksgiving week.  I am off from school and will have the time to devote to him.  He is about 2 years old.  So we may be having an addition to our family.

And so, my wish for you this evening is that Sandy doesn't visit you.  If you are visited, I hope Sandy's visit exhibits no cause for concern.  I also wish you the thrill that we are all experiencing here in our home with the potential arrival of Reilly.


En `Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment