Sunday, October 21, 2012

Good Evening My Friend,

Last evening we had the most delightful time at Forgotten Orchard.  We went to our friends house to celebrate the Autumn season.  The evening included a bonfire, wagon ride pulled by their draft horses, Captain and Cody, amidst a backdrop of lively conversation, guitar playing and singing and delicious lite fare with the most wonderful people.  We had a fabulous time.

This evening we are contemplating our court date which will be tomorrow afternoon.  We have the preliminary hearing of our burglar, the woman who robbed from us in the night, while we slept, back in March.  We have been patiently awaiting this day.  And now it is the eve of our meeting this young woman.  The emotions are difficult to pinpoint.  Suffice is to say I have mixed emotions.  Jim and Shawn are confident of their postion and I am still praying not only for her but for myself that I am making the best decision.  I am prepared with my victim's statement and wondering if I will be called to the stand.  The DA said to be prepared with a written and verbal statement.  

Months ago I embarked on this new journey.  I have no map, GPS or navigation system.  God has guided me and I believe He will continue to do so throughout this ordeal, as well.  I remember saying to Beth DuPree, my breast surgeon:  I don't want to know you.  I don't want to be a part of this world.  And I have totally embraced the world of Breast Cancer and survivorship.  I am thankful and grateful that I have been blessed with my wonderful life, post cancer.  I can't imagine saying that I am grateful for being burglarized in the night, while we were home. And thankful that I know what it is like to be a victim in a court of law.  But based on my experiences so far, it would not surprise me to discover that this experience too, will be a blessing in my life.  It is all a matter of perspective and having faith.

Our God is an Awesome God!

And so, my wish for you this evening, is that when you are faced with a frightening experience, you can know for sure, that Jesus will be carrying you, just as I know HE is carrying me.   He has been carrying me quite a bit lately.  It is so nice to be that close to HIM. Thank you Jesus, for being my friend.

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment