Saturday, October 13, 2012



Good Evening,

I got a text today from one of the teachers in our club at school. She said, it was so nice what the other teacher said about you when he introduced himself and told the group why he wants to be a part of this club. His words truly touched my heart. I was moved by his kind words. I may have shared this thought on an earlier blog but it bears repeating. What this teacher did for me by sharing his kind thoughts of me publicly was make me feel like I mattered and made a difference. It was another God wink for me, because how else would I know that I am living my highest intention if I didn't have messengers giving me uplifting messages that I am doing good things. I feel like the winks are my sign.

So people need three things in life. They need to feel Valued, Important and Needed. I remember this and teach this life lesson using the acronym VIN. When you make people feel valued, important and needed, not only do you lift them up, but they want to be around you all the time, because they like the way they feel about themselves when they are with you. What this wonderful man did was publicly share his thoughts, making me feel valued as a leader of our club. Wow! Thank you, MC.


We attended a birthday party today for our friend, Dave.  Dave is a great man.  I admire and respect him as a friend, husband and father.  He has a quiet confidence and is a gentle soul.  His daughter is a sweetheart, Danielle.  She always has a warm smile, hug and a kind word.  Dave's family surprised him and the party was a celebration of life for all who attended.  Well Done!

I received this quotation today.  "The best way to keep relationships happy, healthy and supportive can be summed up in one word:  Appreciation.  What you appreciate, appreciates.  When we demonstrate our appreciation for the support we receive from others, it reinforces that behavior and deepens our conncetion to them."   ~Marci Shimoff

How true!!!!   And so, I wish for you this day, that you express your appreciation to another person in your life.  Be specific in your expression.  I am thankful to MC,  and to SM for making me feel worthy of my efforts to get our club off the ground.  I can tell you our club is a FORCE FIELD.  IT WILL BE HUGE.   I feel it, the energy is palpable.  If you are interested, let me know and I will give you the website.  I would like to keep the lid on this a little while longer, out of respect for the other school and their plans to reveal.  But, trust me, the work we are doing will benefit all of our children.  God Bless our children.
And God bless, Dave and Denice's children, Devin and Danielle for all their efforts to show their love, support and appreciation for their Dear Dad!

En `Joy,

Marialyce


No comments:

Post a Comment