Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Good Evening Dear Friend,

Last March 28, 2012, our family was burglarized in the night while we slept.  We were all home.  Jim and I heard what we thought was Shawn, going to her car because she forgot something, after we had gone to bed.  There was no cause for alarm.  We were not fearful or worried.  Later we learned that someone broke in and took many things.

Yesterday was the preliminary hearing for this young woman.  She is 28 years old and has a 2 year old son.  She is a graduate of PSU and is a drug addict.  We were in court yesterday and Shawn and I had to testify.  The young woman's father, fed up with his daughter, testified against her.  I understand the grandparents have custody of her baby.   The Mom looks so haggard, worn out from all the troubles of her daughter.  There is no light in her eyes.  I looked into them as we awaited the final results of the hearing.  I was advised not to go over and speak to her.  I wanted to, though.

We learned that it was not proven that she was the person in our home.  The fact that she had this computer in her possession when she was arrested and other belongings of ours, was only circumstantial evidence.  But the DA said, this is just the beginning.  She will go on trial in December or January for a Felony II charge, receiving stolen property and other charges.  I would like this woman to learn a lesson.  I keep asking Jesus, to guide me to what HE wants of me in this situation.

Prior to going to court I received this email message from Paul B. Taubman.....Your Gratitude Burst...
"Everything will be all right in the end, so if it not all right, then it is not the end." 
Funny, but when I read this yesterday, I thought, we are not going to win this round.  And we didn't.  However, I do believe that it will be all right in the end.  And it is not the end.

Another God wink for me.

As the other family gathered their belongings, not smiling, I looked at the Mom. Dad and daughter.  I looked at Shawn and Jim and thought....  Thank you Dear Sweet Jesus that our daughters are healthy in mind and spirit. That they are productive members of society.  Thank you for the work for their hands to do, which although quite different from each other are what they truly love to do.  I am so grateful for all the times I would not give in to my girls.  Being strong then, has paid off now, because they have a strong work ethic, are caring, loving young women, and love their family.  My girls are young women with a strong constitution.  Just what I wanted.  I always said, I can not stomach a weak, wimpy woman.  UGH!

There is a bright light shining in Shawn and Lindsay's eyes and in RB's eyes the light has gone out. 

And so, my wish for you this evening, is that you can look in your mirror and know that you have done the best you could this day.  I hope that you are proud of the decisions you have made knowing that they were for the good of the whole.   Life can be really really challenging.  It is a good day when I can smile at the person looking back at me in my mirror.

En` Joy,

~Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment