Monday, October 15, 2012

Good Evening Friends,

Yesterday I received a text from a woman I work with, who is also in the Club that we are starting in school.  I respect her and admire her, she was helpful to me years ago when I needed her opinions.  She told me that she had a little gift for me.  She said, when I saw this I thought of you.

 I went to receive my gift from Sue.... a pink towel with the Eagles Logo from the Pink weekend.   I was touched that she wanted to give this to me.  I actually smiled, telling her that a year ago, if she had given this to me, I would not have been able to accept the gift.  Anything with the Breast Cancer ribbon, anything pink turned me off completely.  It actually made me feel sick to my stomach.

  I had a very hard time initially dealing with my diagnosis and subsequent surgeries.  I remember Shawn telling me, Mom, just take your time and think about everything.  You always make good decisions.  My decision was to keep the whole experience to myself until I was able to digest it, and accept it.  It took roughly 5 months before I told anyone of my ordeal.  During those months of quietly listening to my inner voice, my intuition and asking for God's guidance, I came to know and understand that this was a part of my journey.

  I began to actually be thankful for this cruel experience and loss of my breasts and grateful that I survived.  Shawn suggested that I read the book "The Shack," to help me overcome the anger I initially had....  the time when I told God He was very disrespectful and rude to me, for I did everything that I was supposed to do with my body in caring for my family and my babies.  I learned that the only way that I could lead the life I was truly meant to live, the only way that I would take the leap of faith and become an Inspriational Speaker, living my highest intention, was if I was able to move forward with my life and help other women find their constitutional strengtgh.  Amazingly, He guides my every step, and actually helps me find peace and solace in my new endeavors.  I walk confidently in His shadow, knowing that I am loved and cared for by Him.
After sharing my thoughts with Sue, she said she was sorry that she gave me the towel, but actually. NOW, one year later,  I can talk about the journey and share all my feelings openly.  I am in a much better place, THANK GOD!  Thank you, God.

Sue gave me a book and marked the pages that she believed were meant for me.  The pages read:

"Truly brave individuals slowly but surely rebuild their lives after suffering profound personal losses.  The most important example of real courage is having the strength to pursue our dreams in a world full of obstacles and excuses."  ~Bradley Trevor Grieve

I am in gratitude Sue for you, thinking that I am a brave woman with courage.  I know I want to be brave and as the last page of the book says;  "You will be someone who has the courage to seek out anything that stirs your heart and soul.  And when opposing forces great and small shout out their dark challenge, you will be able to answer calmly and clearly, Bring it on, baby!"~ BTG

And so, my wish for you tonight is that you find your courage to face your opposing forces.  You have a vanguard, you are prepared.  You are brave.  Every single thing that has happened to you in your life, has prepared you for this moment.  God Bless

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment