Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good Afternoon My Friend,

Today is such a beautiful day, the weekend was absolutely delightful.   I would like to share a few exciting moments that recently occurred.   Perhaps you will be happy for me. I hope so.

Yesterday, my Plastic Surgeon, Bill Scarlett, invited me to his office to be interviewed for a book he is writing with his friend and colleague, Steve Young.  Steve was kind enough to give me a signed copy of a book he has already published, entitled Great Failures of the Extremely Successful.  

I spent an hour and a half in the office being interviewed and videotaped for the book being written and for a presentation on COMPASSION, that Bill will be giving to medical students in the next month. 
Steve was very happy with what I shared and HOW I shared it, with conviction and truth.  He said, that if Bill Scarlett ever did a commercial for his practice, that the videotaped clip of my thoughts shared, would be perfect. (smile)

 I can't tell you how pleased I was to hear him affirm my efforts.  I am so truly grateful for my doctors.  Beth DuPree saved my life, and Bill Scarlett preserved my sanity
(stop laughing, I am so sane!!!  haha) for he truly gave me his masterpiece.   I say this with complete humility, gratitude and respect . I am deeply grateful to be whole again.  Their collaboration, synchronicity, and friendship is a testimony to their excellence in choosing how to proceed in the best possible way for the good of the patient.  They each call the other to greatness, and the result is the HIGHEST INTENTION for their patient.  This is my truth.  Thank you DEAR GOD, for their brilliance and humility.  They are Masters in their field.  I am thankful that they live and work in geographically desirable locations near to me. God Bless their minds and God Bless their hands.

AND THEN.....  I receive this quote in my INBOX...... 

 "The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment."   ~Earl Nightingale

Remember my recurring dream???

My goal in life is to live an extraordinary life of gratitude and service.   That is it.    I don't want mediocrity.   I realize that I am inviting in challenges and adversity, but I am also inviting exceptional experiences. 

 My friend Joan called me during my interview.   When I returned her call and shared with her, this and another experience that I will share with you at a later date, this is what she said to me.   Marialyce, you are open to all life experiences and you are receptive (To all your God Winks). 
God Bless Joan.  I felt validated in that conversation.  Then I later visited my friends Pat and Tom. Pat said, you are fulfilling your life's purpose.  God Bless Pat.  Tom said to me a year ago, Marialyce, I think you should consider sharing your story and encourage women to get their mammograms.   I am grateful for my friends and for their acknowledgement.  In this past year, I have become an Inspirational Speaker.

At this moment, I feel the need to reprint the quote from Steve Jobs....

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”  ~Steve Jobs.

 
An so, my wish for you this day is that you find your path to fulfillment.   I hope that your Passion will be your navigation system.  Buckle up, and enjoy the ride!
 
En` Joy,
 
~Marialyce
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment