Sunday, September 30, 2012

Good Evening Friends,

Late this afternoon I had a delightful visit with my friend Annmarie.  Annmarie has been my friend for 23 years.  We met years ago when I was a La Leche League Leader in Philadelphia.  Annmarie trusted me to help her care for her little girl, Maryrose.  Maryrose and her son Casey were here today, as well.
 While they were visiting a soft rain fell.  Lo and behold, following the rain was the most beautiful double rainbow.  We all gathered on the front porch to view this magnificent sight.  Annmarie mentioned that her Mother loved rainbows and we both viewed the vision as confirmation of our Mothers' smiling upon us.  Rainbows are one of my top ten favorites.  When I view this majestic gift from God, all I can do is simply say thank you.  Witnessing a rainbow is a blue moment for me.  Rainbows take my breath away!   What takes your breath away?   What are your requirements for a 'blue moment?'

Annmarie knew my Mom.  She remembers the special relationship we shared.  Seeing her today, helped me remember wonderful moments.  Annmarie brought peace to my soul.  She is my 'gold friend', as opposed to my 'silver friend,' we have a history.  Even though we have not seen one another in years, it was as if no time had passed.   Annmarie is going to attend the MOM Heart of the Home Day of Retreat at Archbishop Wood High School on Rt. 263 and Street Road in Warminster on Sunday, November 4, 2012.   I am the afternoon speaker and the topic is Faith.  I am looking forward to sharing on that day.  It will be a  wonderfully rejuvenating and pleasant day.  All women are welcome to attend, and are welcome to bring a friend.


And so, with the visit of my dear friend today, I am reminded that people may not remember what you did, they may not remember exactly what you say, but they always remember the way you make them feel.  Annmarie, you and our rainbow were my God winks today.  You helped me know that public speaking and sharing my experiences are part of my destiny, my legacy, and that no matter time or space being my authentic self can help others to feel inspired.  Thank you for always making me feel good about being 'me' when I am with you.


And so, tonight I wish for you, my friend, the experience of one of your top ten favorite things.  I hope it comes as a surprise for you, just as mine did, late this afternoon.  Oh, the joy of a magnificent surprise!

En` Joy,

~Marialyce


No comments:

Post a Comment