Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good Evening All,

I absolutely love this quote from Helen Keller.  "The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart." 
What does this quote mean to you?  
To me, Helen Keller is saying some of the most beautiful things in life are intangible.  You can not realize them through your senses, you must experience them within your being.  Some of these experiences could be the feeling of happiness, gratitude, and joy.  I have learned that people who live a life of gratitude everyday, are more tranquil and serene than those who do not.

Today was the first day of school for sophomores.  I was invited over the summer to speak to a group of young people at another high school in the upcoming school year.  The students that are in this club are being called to greatness.  They are a group of young people who are sharing experiences of excellence and I was invited to attend a meeting and be an inspirational speaker.  I am really looking forward to meeting this group of young people who are intrinsically leaders and listening to their stories and sharing some of my own.  I was thinking about this high school club and called the advisor at the other high school.  I  said, not only do I want to speak to the members of this club,  I want to start our own club at our high school.   This is part of his dream.  He would like this club to grow throughout our school district. 
I am hoping to be a part of his dream.  I can feel it.  I want to be surrounded by positive young people  (people of all ages, actually) who feel inspired to do good things, to think outside of the box, to take risks that may possibly motivate others to look introspectively and perhaps choose to share their own talents and gifts with others. 
When I spoke to the group of seniors today who are a part of the student government at our school, they were amenable and enthusiastic for me to continue on my path of inquiry and hopefully to establish this club in our school.   Can you imagine a group of young people sharing, contributing, giving generously of themselves as they are called to their highest intention?   I can FEEL the energy and I saw the expressions of anticipation, agreement and joy at my approaching them to consider joining. 
Being called to your highest intention is a part of becoming self actualized.  What is your true purpose for being here on this earth?  What are you being called to do in your life, that only you can do?

On this evening, my wish for you is to contemplate your innate gifts and have the courage to share them generously.  They are meant to be shared. Why else would you be here on earth at this particular time in life?  It is YOUR TIME TO SHARE! Oh the joy of being around others who are sharing all that they are, so generously with all of us.  Please offer to volunteer and give of yourself for the benefit of others. Imagine their reaction when they get to experience the gift of your authentic self!!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart."  ~HK

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment