Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hello My Friend,

I had two experiences today that were noteworthy. I want share them with you.

 In speaking with our principal today, I learned that he was in agreement with our school starting our own club which will be an extension of the club started at one of our other high schools in the district.  I was so happy to hear his words of approval. 

 I emailed the advisor of the club at the other high school and he suggested that I start thinking of our dream team.  I love that title!  After giving this serious consideration, 2 teachers came to mind.  I approached the man first.  I told him all about this club.  The club will call it's members to excellence, to their highest intention.
 As we spoke, he went to the site and read the mission statement.  He turned to me and said, Marialyce I am honored that you asked me.  I was so touched by his response.  He is really an exceptional man and I have had the pleasure of getting to know him and work with him for many years.

 Then, later in the day I asked another teacher to consider becoming a part of the team.  I began to explain that I am hand selecting a certain core group.  She said, Marialyce, I am getting all misty eyed here that you would think of me in that way.  She is really the cream of the crop, and I have known her for over 10 years.  She said, Marialyce, I am honored that you would ask me.

 Wow....  I can't believe that the 2 people that I asked both had the exact same response.  They were honored.  Then I got to thinking about honor.  HONOR.  By definition, the word means integrity in one's beliefs and actions.  High respect, high public esteem.  The privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected  person, group or organization.  To revere.   I must say that with regard to these two individuals, I am most honored to share my days with them, two highly respected individuals who share their time and talents with the young minds that they are entrusted with each and every day.

The other blue moment that I experienced today was when a friend shared that she was invited to lunch with a woman who was her friend and coworker for many years.  Because it was a momentous occasion for my friend, Connie, her friend treated her to lunch.  She generously picked up the tab as a way of honoring her friend and coworker.   How kind and thoughtful it was and I can tell you my friend, Connie, was truly thankful and touched by this expression of appreciation.   My friend said, it was requested that, if in turn, she paid the kindness forward.  What a special way of honoring this friend and her generosity.  Truth is, not only would the gift of the luncheon be paid forward, but the 'story' of the gift would also be shared.  And you know, by now, how much I am "all about the story!"

So in telling me the story of this most wonderful day shared, Connie said to ME, Marialyce, I choose you.  I want to take you to lunch and treat you, to celebrate your achievement in becoming an inspirational speaker.  Oh MY GOODNESS!   How kind of you, my dear friend, to consider ME.  Here come the tears.  I am humbled that you would ask me!  Connie, also a teacher, said to me.....  "After seeing you speak at the assembly last year, I am positive that you will make a difference.  You will be successful.  The community will be better for it ( having you be an inspirational speaker)."   Oh, Connie, how you have truly touched my heart. 

 Truth is, words inspire me, words lift me up, and move me forward.  They empower me and make me want to do better and be worthy of the thoughts that others have with regard to me.  I am humbled by these loving thoughts.

So, I would love to go to lunch with you, my friend, and I will, in turn pay it forward.....  I would be honored.

And so, my wish for you today, is that you take the time to show your appreciation for another.  Hold them in high esteem, and honor that person in your own special way.  It is amazing how wonderful YOU will feel, when you honor another human being. 

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment