Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day....  The end of the Summer!  And yet, the beginning of another school year.  This past weekend was delightful...  Many new beginnings...   Many firsts.....   My cousin had her first baby, Liam and our family is thrilled with his arrival.  Congratulations to the Goddard's!

 My daughter, Lindsay and one of her very first friends, CZ skydived for the first time, after anticipating the event for weeks.  So thankful Dan was there to orchestrate and oversee this wild adventure!  They landed safely and are ready to 'Jump' again!

 A wonderful friend, Stacey, gave birth to her son, Nile, and another friend, Ally got engaged! Oh the joy!   Jim and I were in OCNJ for the long weekend with our dear friends, the Lynch family.  There is something so peaceful about their home, down the shore.  We were all relaxed, there was abundant laughter, sharing, storytelling and serenity.  Tim suggested we go to Mass on the beach in Margate.  This was another first!  We arrived by 6 AM, watched the sun come up over the horizon and gathered with over 100 people in silence before the Blessed Sacrament.  It was truly an awesome moment! 

I can't even begin to express the appreciation and joy that I have experienced all these weeks of Summer.  I have had more adventures, blue moments, laughter, and surprises that I have ever had in one season.  This was the best Summer of my whole life.  I am humbly grateful to all of you who contributed to my joyous, blue moments,  All of you, my dear friends and family.

There are two quotations that come to mind:

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."  ~Seneca

"It is important to honor our firsts, for no matter how hard we try, the moment is unrepeatable!"
~Marialyce Keane

As the day comes to a close, my wish for you is, that you can easily recall, in your sweet memory, all your treasured firsts and new beginnings!

En' Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment