Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good evening my friend,

I went to school this morning and found a beautiful little purple envelope in my mailbox.  Quality stationary is one of my favorite things.   I love fine paper and pens. They make me happy.  (weird, I guess, but it is a sensual thing...they feel good in my hand)

 When I opened the envelope, there was a lovely thank you note from a very special woman that I have the pleasure of working with in our building.  I don't see her everyday, but when we meet, we always greet each other warmly, not merely pleasantries.  She said to me, in the note, that I was a ray of sunshine.
  Imagine
 I am picturing a ray of sunshine! To think that someone thinks of me in that regard, not only warms my heart, but it brings a tear to my eye.  I am so humbled.  She said, you have no idea how good you made me feel at a time when I needed it the most.   Truth is, you would never guess that she needed anything. She is so professional, attractive, and pulled together. She is highly respected and is a Master Teacher. I am deeply thankful that I was someone who helped her, provided a message of optimism when she needed one.  Her note made my day!  Thank you, my friend.

Before 7 AM, I was already smiling!

Then I received an email from another friend.  We have been friends since January.  We met at Starbucks...and I would like to share this story.

 I was waiting to meet my friend of 30 years in Starbucks when this beautiful child, a little girl, dressed in a crisp navy blue dress, with bright eyes and a blue bow in her hair, said to me....  Are you sitting there all by yourself.   She was turned around in her chair and obviously waiting for someone.  I smiled and said, I am waiting for my friend.  The child said, where is your friend?  I said, Oh, she is on her way, I got here a little early. 

This little girl continued engaging me in conversation.  She said, what is your name?   I stood and walked over to her, looking for the adult who accompanied her, wanting that person to know that I was not going to do anything to cause alarm.  I saw the woman who was with her and waved as she brought the beverages to the table.  I looked back at this beautiful child.  I said, my name is Mrs. Keane.  She said, Hi Mrs. Keane, my name is KP and I am 4 years old.  This is my Mom Mom.  I am having Hot Chocolate today.  I come here on Thursday's with Mom Mom.  It is our special time! 

OH THE CHARM of this little cherub...the awe of this blue moment.  The charisma of this little person!!!!!  I was delighted to meet her.  I was blown away by her spirit.  She was clearly joyful, sweet, gregarious, and oh so confident.  I spoke to her Mom Mom and today, Regina shared a picture of KP on her first day of school.  She is just precious, full of enthusiasm, and eager to learn.  She had her 5th birthday on the 5th of July.  It was KP's golden birthday.   I believe she is a golden child.  Blessed, most definitely.
I have spent quite a few special days laughing, sharing, talking, having fun with this family and I feel blessed to know them.

I would like to share my perspective on these events today.....  I brought joy to my friend and coworker the other day and she in turn made me feel so validated and acknowledged.  My friend Regina, someone I met serendipitiously in Starbucks along with her granddaughter, KP, brought me the same joy through their sharing of their precious moments with me. 

It seems to me that the more I celebrate simple things, the more the simple things radiate goodness and happiness, all around me.  The goodness and happiness we share are like rays of sunshine in our day.  They lift you up,  raise your spirits, make you smile...and for that, and all my magical moments, I am truly thankful.

And so, today, I wish for you, a ray of sunshine....  look for it!  It may come in quite an unexpected form, but nonetheless, will radiate joy!

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment