Thursday, September 13, 2012

Good Evening Everyone,
Years ago, my friend Patty gave me a little book called The Wisdom from The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz.   Are you familiar with The Four Agreements?   I will talk about the First Agreement in this blog and the other 3 in subsequent blogs.

The First Agreement is the most important and the most difficult to honor.    It is "Be Impeccable with Your Word."   In the book it says; "The word is a force, it is the power you have to communicate, to think, and thereby to create the events in your life."  "Being impeccable with your word means using your energy in the direction of truth and love for yourself.  How much you love yourself and how you feel about yourself is directly proportionate to the quality and integrity of your word."

Recently, I joined the Bucks Mont Speakers Bureau.  I am very honored and proud to be a member of this organization.  I will be speaking at the end of the month to group of young people and my topic will be focused on positive energy.  There is negative and positive energy.   The degree to which you attract or repel others is in direct correlation to your own self esteem.  Positive energy = Attraction.  Negative energy = repulsion.  If we choose to speak positively, behave in a manner which is positive, then the tendency is to attract.  When you attract, speaking your truth is the only way to sustain.

I invited a student today to join the club I am starting at our school.   I told her that she is the first student to be invited and I shared with her the reason that I chose her.  She is such a bright light in the halls of our school.  She smiles, she speaks well of others, looks you in the eye when she speaks to you, greets you warmly by name.  She is delightful.  She has positive energy.  She is attractive, not merely because of her physical attributes, but because of her inner light which emanates from within.  She is a pleasure to engage in conversation.  I was explaining to her that she has the "It Factor."  The "It Factor," from my perspective is positive energy, enthusiasm, passion and a joie de vivre! 

This club which will be calling individuals to their personal excellence and greatness, will require that we are impeccable with our word.  It will be a challenge, but hopefully we will all step up and choose to live and speak our truth.

And so, I am sure you can guess what I wish for you this evening.  I wish that all of you will choose to be "impeccable with your word."   The level of respect, the level of attraction that comes from this choice is palpable.

En` Joy,

Marialyce

No comments:

Post a Comment